Witch Hazel Hydrolat (Hamamelis virginiana) has a fresh, delicate scent. It is widely used in aromatherapy and conventional medicine for its soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
It is a popular Hydrolat which is often used within skincare routines for its antioxidant and mild astringent properties. Witch Hazel Hydrolat is fantastic for use as a cleanser and toner, helping to soothe and calm the skin back to optimum condition, resulting in a clear complexion. This is a wonderful Hydrolat for oily and acne prone skin types as it can reduce excess oil without drying our the skin. It can also help to repair damaged skin and reduce the signs of ageing.
Our 100% pure Witch Hazel Hydrolat is completely free of alcohol, colours, chemical additives and preservatives and is ideal for blending with other hydrolats, essential oils and cosmetic bases to produce a variety of therapeutic skincare products.
Other uses for Witch Hazel:
- It is recommended for psoriasis, eczema, cracked or blistered skin
- It can help to reduce bags/puffiness under the eyes
- It can help soothe razor burn/rash
- It can be applied to insect bites to relieve pain and swelling
- It can be applied in a cold compress to help relieve sunburn and speed up the healing process
- It is often used by pregnant women to help prevent stretch marks as its astringent properties help to tighten the skin
- It can be applied in compresses on varicose veins/hemorrhoids to reduce swelling and discomfort
- It can help bruises, bumps and sprains to heal faster - particularly when combined with Arnica