Camphor White Essential Oil
- Product Code: EO-C03
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £2.00
Camphor essential oil can be used in the treatment of acne, inflammation, arthritis, muscular aches and pains, sprains, rheumatism, bronchitis, coughs, colds, fever, flu and other infectious diseases. It is also used to repel insects such as flies and moths.
- Species: Cinnamomum camphora
- Plant family: Lauraceae
- Origin: China
- Note: Middle
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
Do not use if epileptic, pregnant, suffering with a fever, or on sensitive skin and with children under 2.
White Camphor essential oil has antiseptic properties and is an effective insect repellent. Although only very small amounts of Camphor oil should be included in any topical formulation, it does have value in fighting inflammatory conditions and reducing redness, making it useful for treating acne, burns and sore chapped hands.
Camphor is a balancing essential oil that can help to sedate the nerves and uplift apathy.
Camphor essential oil is beneficial for colds and flu helping to clear the sinuses and respiratory system. It is also helpful for muscular aches and pains, rheumatism, sprains, arthritis etc.
Blends well with:
Bergamot, Birch, Cardamom, Clove, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Niaouli, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme.
Limonene 25%, Linalool 0.5%.
For coughs, colds, flu & immunity
Camphor is best known for clearing sinuses, aiding respiratory imbalance and generally helping with immunity. If you’re suffering with coughs, colds, flu or other bugs give these powerful blends a try:
- For a general boost when you feel a cold coming on, diffuse 1 drop White Camphor, 4 drops Lemon and 2 drops Clove in an aromatherapy diffuser or candle burner to stimulate your immunity.
- If you’re suffering with respiratory congestion try a steam inhalation. Add 1 drop White Camphor, 3 drops Eucalyptus and 2 drops Lavender to a bowl of boiling hot water, pop a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl and inhale the steam for 5-10 minutes at a time.
- In between the steam inhalations, or if out and about and suffering the tail end of congestion, pop 1 drop White Camphor and 1 drop Eucalyptus into an aromatherapy inhaler and use throughout the day.
- You can also melt 15ml of our Unscented Massage Wax and mix in 1 drop White Camphor and 2 drops Eucalyptus. Allow the mixture to cool and reset and use as a chest vapo-rub; please patch test this first before using as some people can be skin sensitive to Camphor.
For nervous depression
Camphor is great for balancing the nervous system and lifting the mood. If you’re suffering with the winter blues or seasonal affective disorder (SAD) try diffusing this lovely blend to soothe your nerves and lift your spirits.
- 2 drops White Camphor, 2 drops Geranium and 2 drops Bergamot.
For aches & pains
Camphor is also great for relieving aches and pains. Although not recommended for massage, unless done by a trained aromatherapist, it can be a nice oil to add to a bath blend for general relaxation of muscles.
- Mix 2 drops each of White Camphor, Rosemary and Lavender with 15ml of Bath Oil and add to a warm bath for a relaxing, tension-busting soak.
- You could also add 4 drops White Camphor and 6 drops Lavender to a bowl of hot or cold water to make a warm or cold compress. Use warm for pain relief or cold to soothe inflammation. Submerge a clean cloth in the water, wring out and apply to the affected area.