Lavender Absolute essential oil is obtained by solvent extraction, whereas regular Lavender essential oil is obtained by steam distillation. The solvent extraction method involves agitating the flowers in a solvent such as hexane. This isolates the aromatic compounds as well as pigments and wax. The extracts then undergo vacuum processing to remove the solvent, leaving a wax-like material known as the ‘concrete’. This is mixed with alcohol to dissolve the aromatic compounds, leaving behind the wax and other substances. Low-pressure evaporation is then used to remove the alcohol which yields the final Lavender Absolute oil. This process results in a heavier oil which includes non-volatile waxes and plant dyes as well as the essential oil itself.
Lavender is a calming, soothing, antidepressant oil. It is known as an adaptogen which means that it helps to heal and restore any body systems that are out of balance.
- Species: Lavandula angustifolia
- Plant family: Lamiaceae
- Origin: France
- Note: Middle
- Extraction Method: Solvent extraction
Non toxic .
Lavender Absolute essential oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, healing properties which are particularly beneficial for treating wounds, cuts, burns, spots and acne. Also helps to soothe dry and inflamed skin conditions such as eczema.
Lavender Absolute oil has a soothing, antidepressant effect which can help to balance the emotions, calm the nerves and relieve stress and tension. Also useful for aiding a restful night's sleep.
Lavender Absolute has valuable pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties that are particularly beneficial for the joints and muscles. Its antiviral and decongestant properties are also helpful for colds and flu. An excellent oil for headaches too - especially when used in combination with Peppermint oil.
|Blends well with:||Most floral and citrus oils, Chamomile, Peppermint and Tea Tree.|
- Be the first to review this product
Write your review
Write Your Own Review
- The information provided is for personal information and interest. It is not intended to offer a medicinal treatment for any condition. Please consult your GP or nurse if you have any health concerns whatsoever.
- Essential oils are not to be used undiluted and are not to be taken internally.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If using an essential oil on your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body first (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier).
- If you have questions about using essential oils please contact us via the 'Contact Us' page in the footer.