Base Formula handle all information supplied to us by our customers and registered users of our web site with the utmost care and confidence. We use computer security measures including firewalls, strong passwords and data encryption to keep your information stored safely on a highly secure server. All physical copies of data are stored in a locked safe and may only be accessed by authorised personnel who require access to the data in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We will handle your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances described below).
All information provided to us is held securely and protected under strict security measures to prevent unauthorised access.
By using our website and signing up for a customer account, you agree for the following information to be collected about you:
- Information provided at the time of signing up or using any service including but not limited to; names, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses.
- Transaction details of orders placed on our website.
- Internal site search behaviour, language, traffic data and location data.
This information will be used in the following ways:
- For the administration of the Site;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process and deliver your orders and respond to any of your questions or requests for information;
- To provide you with product information, offers and expert advice, where you have specifically agreed to be contacted for such purposes;
- To inform you of any important changes to our service;
- To give search engines access to publicly available information in your profile if your privacy settings alow.
We will NOT use your information to send you marketing information unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent out our customer information and will never pass customer data on to a third party unless it is for the following reasons:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information (including the hosting and maintenance of our Site) in which case we will ensure that any such service provider keeps your information confidential and adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have consented to us sending you marketing information you may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us directly or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Please note that you will not be able to unsubscribe from system emails such as order confirmations, dispatch and order follow up emails.
To change any of the information that you have registered with us online, please sign into the 'My Account' section of our website.
In accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access information held about you and to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or out of date.
Order information and payments are taken using an SSL Certificate with a secure 128 bit encryption. (SSL is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser).
Base Formula accept all major credit and debit payment cards on our website. We also accept payments made using a PayPal account. All payments will be handled and processed by the BrainTree payment gateway. BrainTree is a PayPal Company.
Please note that Base Formula do not store any of your financial details.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to improve the website's usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website.
- to ensure that the shopping cart functions
Cookies on this website
We use session cookies and persistent cookies on this website. When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies. Our service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies.
We may send to you the following cookies:
Google analytics service & cookies
__utma __utmb __utmc __utmz
Blocking & deleting cookies
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.