Base Formula handle all information supplied to us by our customers and registered users of our web site with the utmost care and confidence. We use computer security measures including firewalls, strong passwords and data encryption to keep your information stored safely on a highly secure server. All physical copies of data are stored in a locked safe and may only be accessed by authorised personnel who require access to the data in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We will handle your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances described below).
All information provided to us is held securely and protected under strict security measures to prevent unauthorised access. We will not sell or rent your personal data to other parties.
By using our website and signing up for a customer account, you agree for the following information to be collected about you:
- Information provided at the time of signing up or using any service including but not limited to; names, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses.
- Transaction details of orders placed on our website.
- Internal site search behaviour, language, traffic data and location data.
By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you allow us, on occasion, to email you with relevant special offers / services or details on new products we feel may be of interest to you. These mailings will be relevant to our industry and you can, at any time, opt out of receiving these mailings by contacting us by email with 'opt out' in the subject header of your email. Please note that you will not be able to unsubscribe from system emails such as order confirmation, dispatch and order follow up emails.
Order information and payments are taken using an SSL Certificate with a secure 128 bit encryption. (SSL is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser).
Base Formula accept all major credit and debit payment cards on our website. We also accept payments made using a PayPal account. All payments will be handled and processed by the BrainTree payment gateway. BrainTree is a PayPal Company.
Please note that Base Formula do not store any of your financial details.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to improve the website's usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website.
- to ensure that the shopping cart functions
Cookies on this website
We use session cookies and persistent cookies on this website. When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies.
We may send to you the following cookies:
Our website is built upon the Magento Enterprise platform which uses a number of cookies in order to enhance the customer shopping experience. Please find a list of these below:
- CART- The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO - Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE - The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
- CURRENCY - Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER - An encrypted version of your computer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH- An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO - An encrypted version of the computer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS - Stores the Customer Segment ID.
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE - A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND - Your session ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW - Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY - The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT - The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEW MESSAGE - Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE - Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART - A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL - The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- RECENTLY COMPARED - The items that you have recently compared.
- STF - Information on products that you have recently emailed to friends.
- STORE - The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS - The products that you have recently viewed.
- WISHLIST - An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT - The number of items in your Wishlist.
Google analytics service & cookies
- __utma __utmb __utmc __utmz
Blocking & deleting cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and also delete stored records. For browser specific information on how to adjust your cookie settings please use the relevant links below:
- Apple Safari - OSX
- Apple Safari - iOS
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Edge Browser
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox