Ultra Fine French Green Clay
- Product Code: FCG-01
- Availability: In Stock
Our intensely absorbent Ultra Fine French Green Clay (Bentonite / Montmorillonite) helps to purify and refine the complexion. Widely used in natural skincare treatments and particularly suited to oily, congested and acne prone skin.
- Ex Tax: £2.50
Our Ultra Fine French Green Clay (also known as Bentonite or Montmorillonite) is ideal for creating deep cleansing, purifying face masks and other natural skincare treatments such as body masks, muds, wraps and poultices. Green Clay can be blended with pure water but for added therapeutic benefits it is best combined with other natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera Gels, Essential Oils or Hydrolats (Hydrosols).
Our mineral rich Green Clay has a luxurious texture and is intensely absorbent, helping to draw toxins, bacteria and impurities from deep within the skin. This will help to cleanse and revitalise the complexion, tighten the pores and clear congested and problem skin types. It can be used daily on problem areas, or as part of a weekly facial treatment.
Mined from bedrock quarries in France, Green Clay is 100% natural, unscented and synthetic free making it the perfect natural skincare ingredient for salon or home spa treatments.
This cosmetic clay is particularly beneficial for people with oily, congested and acne prone skin. If you have combination, dry or sensitive skin we recommend using our Kaolin Clay which has a milder and gentler effect.
For a fully-setting face mask we recommend mixing the clay and liquid at a ratio of 2:1 i.e. 2 parts clay to 1 part liquid. For a softer consistency, that won't set completely, use equal quantities. You will typically need 2-3 tsp of clay per face mask.
Please be advised that larger bulk quantities of clay (500g) will be shipped in plastic bags. Smaller quantities will be packaged within 50g sachets.
- Combine ground oatmeal, lemon zest, lemon juice, yoghurt and green clay and mix to a paste - you can add more yoghurt if the mixture is too dry
- Add essential oils and mix thoroughly
- Apply to the face and neck taking care to avoid the eye area
- Leave for 10-15 minutes
- Remove with a cloth and warm water
- Splash face with cold water then tone and moisturise as normal
3 tbsp Ultra Fine French Green Clay
1 tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tsp dried/fresh Lavender flowers
2 tbsp Sweet Almond oil
4 drops Lavender essential oil
3 drops Juniperberry essential oil
2 drops Lemon essential oil
Orange Flower Hydrolat (optional)
- Grind the Himalayan Pink Salt using a pestle and mortar
- Combine all the ingredients and mix these into a paste using a little Orange Flower Hydrolat if needed
- Massage into your skin using circular motions
- Rinse off with warm water
Detoxifying Clay Bath
Clay baths can help the body filter harmful substances, drawing out toxins and pollutants through the pores of the skin. For those in good health, clay baths can be used every 5-7 days to assist with chronic illness, aches and pains, fatigue and environmental sensitivities. It is thought that it can take as few as 4 baths to see an improvement in symptoms and general wellbeing. For the elderly, frail or the ill, foot baths are recommended instead.
- Add 1 cup of Green Clay to a bowl and whisk in 2-3 cups of very hot water (do not use a metal bowl or whisk as the metal will react with the clay). For a general cleanse we recommend 1-2 cups of clay per bath or for a deep cleanse up to 4 cups of clay
- Swirl the clay mixture into warm bath water. Have the water as hot as possible, whilst still being comfortable
- Submerge as much of your body as you can and soak for 20 minutes (if using a foot bath you can soak for 20-40 minutes)
- Have a glass of water to hand as you may feel thirsty
- Rinse clean with cool water and towel dry
- The clay may leave your skin feeling a little dry and tight, so apply a natural oil to moisturise your skin. You could try our Detox Massage Oil with Patchouli, Sweet Orange and Juniperberry to nourish your skin and support your body's cleanse.
Note: Drink plenty of water before and after your clay bath to stay hydrated. Do not soak for too long as you may over-detox and feel nauseous.