Dill Seed Essential Oil
- Product Code: EO-D01
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £2.37
Dill is an annual or biennial herb with green feathery leaves and small yellow flowers, followed by tiny compressed seeds. Dill Seed essential oil, as the name suggests, is steam distilled from the herbs' crushed seeds. Dill has been used since ancient times by the Eygptians, Romans and Greeks and in the Middle Ages it was used as a charm against witchcraft. Dill has been cultivated extensively, since the 1800's, as a popular culinary herb.
In modern aromatherapy Dill Seed essential oil helps to ease the mind and overcome feelings of being overwhelmed in times of crisis. It is also helpful for digestive problems in adults, helping to ease flatulence, constipation and hiccups. The fresh herb (not the essential oil, as this is too strong) is often used in Gripe Water to help ease children's colic. Dill Seed oil also helps to promote the healing of wounds on the skin.
- Species: Anethum graveolens
- Plant family: Apiaceae
- Origin: Hungary
- Note: Middle
- Extraction method: Steam distilled
Non toxic but best to avoid during pregnancy
Dill Seed essential oil can have a beneficial effect on healing wounds
Dill Seed oil can help to calm and soothe the nerves
Dill Seed essential oil can help with digestive problems such as indigestion, wind, hiccups, colic and constipation
Blends well with:
Caraway, Nutmeg and Elemi
Limonene 45%, Linalool 4%
Calming & Soothing Nerves
- To soothe the nervous system and create a sense of calm diffuse 3 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Dill, and 2 drops Sweet Orange in a candle burner or diffuser, in the morning or throughout the day.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed and anxious, try a relaxing bath with 4 drops Dill, 2 drops Sandalwood and 1 drop Nutmeg mixed in half a cup of full fat milk, poured into the warm, running water. Shut doors and windows and inhale the aromas to allow yourself some space
- For indigestion and hiccups blend a soothing mix of 3 drops Dill, 2 drops Mandarin, 1 drop Ginger and 15ml Grapeseed oil, and massage into the front of the body on the chest in a direction towards the heart.
- If suffering with flatulence or constipation, blend 3 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Dill, 1 drop Nutmeg and 20ml Grapeseed oil, and apply to the abdomen in a clockwise motion.
- If you’re suffering with a surface wound, cleanse it with this wound-healing blend: mix 15ml Orange Flower Hydrolat with 3 drops Dill and 2 drops Elemi and apply to the affected area.
- For any wounds that are struggling to heal, mix 3 drops Dill and 2 drops Elemi into 15ml of Aloe Vera gel and apply to the affected area as required.