- Product Code: KC01
- Availability: In Stock
Kaolin Clay is a mild and gentle clay that helps to cleanse and revitalise the complexion. Widely used in a range of natural skincare products and suitable for all types of skin including dry and sensitive.
- Ex Tax: £2.50
Mineral rich White Kaolin Clay (Kaolinite) is a gentle skin purifier that is suitable for all skin types, particularly dry and sensitive skin. It has a natural absorbency which draws excess oil, dirt and impurities from deep within the pores without overly stripping the skin and leaving it dry and tight. Kaolin Clay gently exfoliates the skin and stimulates the circulation to reveal a clearer, healthier, more radiant looking complexion. It can also help to soothe irritation and inflammation.
Kaolin Clay can be used as an ingredient in a variety of natural skincare products and is particularly useful for creating your own therapeutic face masks.
For a fully-setting face mask we recommend mixing the clay and your chosen liquid or gel at a ratio of 2:1 i.e. 2 parts clay to 1 part liquid. For a softer consistency, that won't set completely, use equal quantities. You will typically need 2-3 tsp of clay per face mask.
Please be advised that larger bulk quantities of clay (500g) will be packaged in plastic bags. Smaller quantities will be packaged within 50g sachets.
- Mash up 2-3 strawberries with Kaolin Clay, add 1 tbsp of ground porridge oats and bind together with a little bit of cream
- Add 2 drops of Rose Geranium, 2 drops of Ylang Ylang and 1 drop of lemon essential oil and mix well
- Apply to face and neck for 10 minutes (avoiding eye area). Wash off using cool water and pat dry
Hydrating Kaolin Face Mask:
20ml Aloe Vera & Rose Gel
1-2 tbsps Kaolin Clay
1 tsp runny honey
¼ pureed cucumber
5ml Blackcurrant Seed Oil
1 drop German Chamomile essential oil
1 drop Jasmine essential oil
1 drop Neroli essential oil
3 drops Lavender essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients together
- Apply to the face and neck, avoiding the eye area
- Leave on for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with cool water and pat dry