Anti-Virus Pure Essential Oil Blend (10ml)
- Product Code: PB-AV-10
- Availability: In Stock
Our Anti-Virus essential oil contains 100% pure essential oils of Rosemary, Cinnamon Leaf, Pimento Berry, Eucalyptus smithii, Mandarin, Grapefruit and Carrot Seed to support immunity and guard against infection.
- Ex Tax: £6.00
Our Anti-Virus pure essential oil contains a powerful blend of Rosemary, Cinnamon Leaf, Pimento Berry, Eucalyptus smithii, Mandarin, Grapefruit and Carrot Seed.
This blend is inspired by the legend of the four French Thieves who were said to have robbed the bodies of 15th century plague victims. It is thought they avoided infection by protecting themselves with aromatics such as rosemary and cloves.
Our modern-day take on the infamous 'Thieves' blend is ideal for use during the Winter months to support both the immune system and respiratory system and promote good health.
- Rosemary has an antiviral, antioxidant action and helps relieve respiratory congestion. It is also an excellent ‘general’ tonic.
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties. It also eases the breathing, boosts the circulation and relieves fatigue.
- Pimento Berry (Allspice) helps fight infection and can soothe winter aches and pains. It also has an antioxidant action that may improve the immune response.
- Eucalyptus smithii is renowned for its antiviral, immuno-stimulant and decongestant properties and can help to clear the mind and relieve fatigue.
- Mandarin and Grapefruit have a stimulating effect on the lymphatic system which is an integral part of the body’s immune system. They also help lift the mood and relieve fatigue when feeling low.
- Carrot Seed helps rid the body of toxins and boosts immunity. It is thought to strengthen the mucous membranes which act as a barrier to protect against infection. It’s excellent for general health and wellbeing.
Our Anti-Virus blend can be used in a variety of ways:
- Diffuser: Use up to 20 drops in an aromatherapy diffuser or oil burner (adjust the number of drops according to room and diffuser size). Diffuse for up to 10 minutes, three times per day.
- Steam inhalation: Use up to 10 drops in a steam inhalation and inhale for 5-10 minutes. This is the best/quickest way of getting the oils into your system and is particularly effective for treating respiratory infections. Use with caution if you suffer with asthma, hay fever or other allergies. Inhale for 30 seconds on the first inhalation and gradually increase up to 5 minutes if there is no adverse reaction.
- Inhaler: Use up to 40 drops in an aromatherapy inhaler and sniff at regular intervals. Take care not to get the undiluted oil on your skin when applying to the wick – use tweezers to insert the wick into the inhaler. 40 drops is the maximum the wick will hold and should last for up to 3 weeks. You can use less oil if desired.
- Hand wash: Use 3% dilution for wash-off products. E.g. 3ml of oil (or 60 drops) in 100ml of base product such as our Liquid Castile Soap or Bath & Shower Gel.
- Hand sanitiser: Use 2% dilution for leave-on products. E.g. 2ml of oil (or 40 drops) in 100ml of base product such as our Aloe Vera Gel.
- Massage: Use 4 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
The above quantities are for adult use only. If using topically patch test first on sensitive skin.
For children we recommend it is best used in a diffuser (up to 10 drops) and hand wash (30 drops in 100ml soap).
Safety: Do not take internally. Do not use if pregnant or epileptic. Do not apply the oil undiluted to the skin and avoid direct contact with the mucous membranes. Do not apply to the skin before direct exposure to sunlight.