Sage Dalmation Essential Oil
- Product Code: EO-S01
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £2.08
Sage essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the herb Salvia officinalis of the Labiatae family. The popular herb is also known as common, garden, true and Dalmatian sage. It is found in semi-arid regions worldwide but is grown commercially in the United States, Dalmatia and Albania.
Sage was know as a 'sacred herb' by the ancient Romans and the name "Sage" actually comes from the Latin word "salvia,” meaning "salvation" or "to save.” Greeks and Romans used it to cure snake bites and to invigorate the mind and body and the Chinese believed Sage cured sterility. In the Middle Ages, people used Sage to clean the gums and they drank Sage in tea to treat colds, fevers, liver trouble, and epilepsy.
Sage is a very powerful essential oil, and should be used with care. The dilutions should be kept as low as possible as it can be toxic if used in too high dosages. Despite the negative side-effects (see safety notes below) Sage essential oil does have a number of therapeutic uses. It can be beneficial for skin regeneration, as a mental stimulant and for female related problems.
- Species: Salvia officinalis
- Plant family: Lamiaceae
- Origin: Croatia
- Extraction method: Steam Distilled
Do not use during pregnancy, on children under 12 or on people who suffer with high blood pressure or epilepsy. It should be used in low concentrations as it can be toxic with overuse and can cause convulsions.
Sage essential oil can help with skin regeneration and can be used to treat cellulite, stretch marks and scars. It is also useful for inflamed and oily skin and greasy hair, and to help stimulate hair growth.
Sage essential oil can be mentally stimulating and can help people to cope with grief, depression and mental fatigue.
Sage essential oil may be useful for balancing the female hormones and for treating female sterility and menopausal problems. It can be helpful in easing arthritis and painful muscles, and some believe it can help with trembling and palsy, as well as various other types of joint pain. Sage can also help stimulate the digestive system and boost the urinary tract, liver, kidneys and lymphatic system.
Blends well with:
Rosemary, Rosewood, Lavender, Hyssop, Lemon
Geraniol 0.4%, Limonene 5%, Linalool 9%.
For grief and depression
- Diffuse: 3 drops Grapefruit, 3 drops Lavender and 2 drops Sage Dalmation in a candle burner or aromatherapy diffuser. Diffuse during the morning as part of your waking routine.
- Bath: Mix 3 drops Rose, 3 drops Rosewood and 1 drop Sage Dalmation in 15ml of Bath Oil or Bath & Shower Gel and pour into the warm, running water. Shut doors and windows, lie back and relax, inhale the aromas and allow yourself some space.
For mental fatigue
- Diffuse: 3 drops Lemon, 2 drops Sage Dalmation and 2 drops Rosemary in a burner or diffuser to boost your energy in the morning.
- Recovery Pillow Spritz: In a spray bottle mix 15 drops Lavender, 10 drops Vetivert and 5 drops Sage Dalmation in 100ml Lavender Hydrolat. Spritz onto pillow before bed to remind the body to rest and restore.
For hormonal balance
- Abdominal Massage: Mix 2 drops Geranium, 2 drops Clary Sage and 1 drop Sage Dalmation in 18ml Grapeseed oil, and massage into the abdomen in a clockwise direction during times of hormonal challenge.
- Diffuse: 4 drops Rose, 2 drops Sage Dalmation and 1 drop Ylang Ylang in a candle burner or diffuser to balance your hormones daily.
For joint pain
- Massage: for muscular and joint pain, try mixing 3 drops Lavender, 2 drops Black Pepper and 1 drop Sage Dalmation in 18ml Grapeseed oil, and massage into affected area, in the direction towards the heart.
- Diffuse: 4 drops Bergamot, 1 drop Sage Dalmation and 3 drops Juniper in an aromatherapy burner or diffuser, to stimulate bladder, kidney and lymphatic support.
Skin & hair regeneration
- Cleanser: Add 1 drop Sage Dalmation and 1 drop Lavender to 10ml of Micellar Water to cleanse skin.
- Moisturer: Add 1 drop Sage Dalmation and 1 drop Frankincense to 10ml Grapeseed oil to moisturise dry, damaged skin.
- Hair growth: Add 1 drop Sage Dalmation and 1 drop Ylang Ylang to 10ml melted Extra Virgin Coconut Butter and use as a hair conditioning mask to stimulate hair growth.